August 5, 2022
XO Marriage is a non-profit organization headquartered in Southlake, TX. Through XO Marriage Conferences, podcasts, online content, and marriage-enriching resources, our mission is to see the marriage rate increase, the divorce rate drop, and a generation of children set up for success.
The Creative Director at XO Marriage will oversee and manage the creative team, including art direction, creative copywriting, video production & editing, graphic design, digital project and more. The Creative Director will lead the way in how the XO Marriage brand is utilized and implemented across the organization. Ideation and creative thinking will be necessary to lead the team in brainstorming, implementation and execution of ideas. The Creative Director needs to be a good storyteller in order to keep a consistent throughline of the XO Marriage brand going through all design, video digital and printed media.
- Will report directly to Sr. Director of Marketing and Creative
- Weekly check in meetings with the entire team and individual team members
- Supervise the department’s daily workflow, assign project workload, and monitor deadlines and budgets
- Determine which projects to accomplish keep in house and which are need to be outsourced based on team workload, capacity and skills
- Identify and manage relationships with vendors (e.g., animators, photographers, illustrators)
- Maintain and manage creative budgets as it pertains to various projects
- Lead team in producing new ideas for company branding, promotional campaigns, and marketing communications that reflect or instill XO’s distinctive brand personality
- Conceiving and implementing concepts, guidelines and strategies in various creative projects and overseeing them to completion
- Provide clear, insightful and objective critiques of Creative work in connection to the strategic vision
- Review work, troubleshoot and provide feedback to creative team members, contractors and outside agencies
- Remain current on best practices, trends and technology developments in the print and digital media space
- Direct brainstorming meetings and creative sessions
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years design experience with 2-4 years’ experience managing/leading creative teams
- Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Advertising or other related discipline, preferred but not required
- Must submit online portfolio for review
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Video editing capabilities, a plus
- Must possess strong business acumen, project management skills, presentation skills and have ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire the creative team to think outside the box
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Strong typography and/or ad copywriting experience/skills a plus
- Bonus points for cross training in photography, video production, and digital design, but not required.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
General Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit/stand for long periods of time
- Occasionally kneel, or crouch
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
*This description is not all-inclusive, and other duties may be assigned as necessary.